Saipanpreneur Project Article Archives
< < Previous article Next article > >
The Universe is Perfect, Part 2
The only way to take control of your life, raise your standard of living and move beyond merely surviving is to create your own unique product or service that you offer to increasing numbers of people in exchange for the things of value that you desire. This simple formula applies to countries as well as people. A self-sufficient economy has its own products or services of value to export to the world. Similarly, a self-sufficient individual has something of value to exchange in the global marketplace. That thing of value is based on your natural talent, skill, or interest—in other words, your passion!
In search of a better belief system
Last week, I introduced the idea that “The universe is perfect” as the foundational basis for success in every area of life. To summarize: “We live in a perfect, ordered, creative and supportive universe, and everything that happens to us is moving us towards the realization of our goals and the fulfillment of our purpose. It’s up to us to find and heed the lessons, identify the opportunities and respond accordingly.”
My own knowledge that the universe is perfect didn’t just spring up overnight. I first had to make a decision. I had to decide that I wanted a different life, a better life, a more fulfilling life, a life that was not limited by history, by fear, by hatred, intolerance or what others believed was possible. Then, it required years of open-mindedness, years of affirmations and positive self-talk. It required a commitment to internalize and apply the teachings of dozens of self-help, motivational, inspirational, philosophical, metaphysical books and audio tapes. It required attending lectures, courses and workshops on personal transformation. It required the determination to live according to a new set of principles. It required patienc—the patience to keep practicing the new ways until I saw those principles validated in the my world. It came, quite simply, from immersing and investing myself in my personal growth.
The mind shifts
Looking back over the journey, I can point to several pivotal “mind shifts” that occurred and moved me forward.
1. First came the awareness that there were answers, better answers to the questions I was asking. Then came the awareness that these new answers were often at odds with what I was taught. I also learned that belief in these new answers would brand me as heretic, dissident, misguided, even subversive, and alienate me from the wider population. I learned that practically everything I had been led to believe had been based on faulty premises, misguided motives, and an inadequate understanding of nature, reality, the human condition, and our true origins and purpose.
2. Next came the awareness that I was in complete control of my reactions to life; that my happiness was entirely within my own mind, and that I could choose—yes, actually choose—my reactions to absolutely anything that happened to me. It was not what happened “out there” that determined my happiness, but simply how I chose to respond to it. I learned that I could never change other people, what they believed, or how they responded to me. I could only change my reactions to these things. Such an understanding was (and is) profoundly liberating!
3. Perhaps the most pivotal awareness was the concept of the “life theme.” Quite simply, it says that we, as spiritual beings, with an existence beyond this physical form, have “themes” that govern and guide our manifestation here on this plane. We chose these themes as part of our divine presence, purpose and experience here. In other words, we are here by choice with a specific mission. Some of us are here to fight causes, some are artists, some are jesters, victims, pawns, healers, etc. (for the full list of 45 Life Themes, see www.ArtofWow.com)
Without such a pivotal understanding of the meaning of life, everything does seem quite random, inexplicable and even chaotic. Think, however, how all the seemingly premature deaths, war, crime, poverty, and the presumably random illnesses, and apparent handicaps that afflict people would be interpreted if you believed that we chose to be here, chose what themes we wanted to experience, and even chose our “exit points” once our purpose was served? It would explain quite a lot.
You would see people for who and what they have chosen to be, and accept that choice, with all its highs and lows, while you focus on your own.
Similarly, you would see your own place in the grand scheme through different eyes. You could more effectively pursue your reason for being here because you would see the order behind it. It would explain some of the patterns in your life. You’d realize that you attract circumstances in your life to be used as “catalysts” for your growth and the fulfillment of your life theme. You’d realize that everyone else, too, has a theme that they are living out, something they have chosen to express, and so, you would no longer expect the “gurus” to be “catalysts,” nor the “warriors” to be “healers,” nor the “pawns” to be “leaders.”
4. Next is the existence and influence of what I call the “unseen realm.” There is divine order despite appearances. There is an agenda afoot of which we are not aware. There are things about which the majority of men have no clue, that have more influence on our lives than we are led to believe. We have untapped potential and abilities which lie beyond the fringes of our understanding. There are truths about who we are which is unrecognized, overlooked and even suppressed.
* You have a choice: to live in the service of others, or live in the service of yourself only. Your success and happiness depends on the choice you make.
* The single cause of unhappiness in life is simply the unmet expectation. Change your expectations, and change your life.
* The earth is going through changes as part a cosmic shift in consciousness, and we are all here at this moment in time by divine agreement to assist in the transition.
* There’s a formula for everything. There’s always a way to get from here to there, and the universe is designed and programmed to help you find it.
Once you have these (and other) basic understandings of reality, you begin to see evidence to prove, validate and support them everywhere you look. Things become knowable. People become predictable. Events become understandable. You might see evil intent in people’s actions as they live out there own life themes, but you don’t see chaos in the unfolding, so you don’t rail against things happening the way they do, or wonder futilely why people don’t all think and act the same. Essentially, your expectations change, and you see and allow things to unfold.
However, this is not to be interpreted as passivity, nor a resignation that things are beyond your control or ability to change. In fact, it’s quite the opposite. The adoption of these (and other) beliefs have the delightful side-effect of reducing fear, reducing uncertainty, reducing confusion, reducing dependency, while increasing confidence, increasing independence, redirecting your focus, and changing your expectations, thus freeing you to be more productive in the things you do decide to focus on.
Because of the perfection of the universe, the builder will always have reason to build. The teacher will have his students. The leader will have her followers. Those who are here to rescue will, by law of attraction, find those who need to be rescued, and so it goes, because the universe is perfect.
Any belief system that disempowers you, creates fear, sanctions intolerance, dependence, passivity and weakness and that has you relinquish your sense of personal power is doing you a disservice. It is my opinion, as I mentioned in Part I, that the purpose of ANY belief system should be to help you see and interpret reality correctly, understand your role within it, make better survival decisions, grow, be of service to the community and connect you to your higher self to express your greatest potential and power. This belief system has the potential to do just that when applied correctly.
As you take this new belief system with you on your journey through life, people will still attack you. Obstacles will beset you. Things won’t always go the way you think they should. Accidents will happen. People will meet with seemingly untimely fates. Planets will warm. Injustice will be rampant. Poverty will continue. Greed will abound. Industries will fall. Empires will collapse. Things will change. Tires will go flat. Dishes will break. Money will be lost.
However, you won’t be overcome by fear or confusion. You are in sync with perfection. So, rather than seeing these as negatives, you will see them as reminders of why you chose to be here at this time. In these occurrences, you will see your own and others’ life themes being played out. You will recognize how your and other people’s tightly-held expectations lead to unhappiness. You will recognize seemingly disastrous events as catalysts for your growth. You will see the law of cause and effect in action, and, as a result, you will seek and invariably find the reasons why you attracted certain events into your life, and the lessons your higher self is constantly offering you through these events. You will see how your unhealthy attachment to material things is constantly being tested. You will see how edifices built on lies inevitably fall. You will recognize the hand of angels orchestrating the pace of events in your life making sure you never arrive too soon or too late for your scheduled appointment with your higher calling. You will recognize the unseen realm of divine order, and natural law that permeates everything. You will take it all in stride, and you will know, beyond doubt…….that the Universe is perfect after all.
Note: Fans and followers of the book, Chicken Feathers and Garlic Skin: Diary of a Chinese Garment Factory Girl on Saipan may now find copies at Bookseller Bookstore in the Joe-Ten Plaza in Susupe or on Amazon.com. Hurry, there’s a limited supply!
Note: Ever wanted to direct your friends and family to a set of websites that said good things about Saipan? Do what I do: send them to www.bestofsaipan.com!
Note: For more tips on overcoming your fears, acting on your ideas, changing the game, and creating a passion-centered lifestyle, visit www.passionprofit.com!
Until next week, remember, success is a journey, not a destination!
Walt F.J. Goodridge is author of 15 books including Turn Your Passion Into Profit. Walt offers coaching and workshops to help people pursue and profit from their passions. Originally from the island of Jamaica, Walt has grown several successful businesses in the US, and now makes his home here in Saipan. To learn more about the Saipanpreneur Project and Walt’s philosophy and formula visit www.saipanpreneur.com and www.passionprofit.com.
Announcing: Walt’s PassionProfit Workshop Coming Soon! RSVP requested. Will you attend a PassionProfit and/or Writer’s workshop held at a soon-to-be-determined location (perhaps a school or Multi-Purpose Center) if held on a Saturday morning 9-12 or Sunday afternoon 2-5 in August?
Please e-mail email@example.com with the words “will attend.” Please indicate your preferred day and time in the e-mail. If enough people respond, it will happen!
Send article suggestions, entrepreneur nominations and feedback about this article to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No time to read them all? I can email you a single "Passionpreneur" article once per week, as well as 3 free ebooks if sign up here!
WHERE IS SAIPAN?
Located in the western pacific, a short flight from Guam and 3 hours from Japan, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI) is a popular tourist destination rich in history, culture and natural resources. Saipan, just 5 miles wide by 12 miles long, is the largest and most populated of the 14 islands making up an archipelago that stretches 400 miles (north to south) along the edge of the Marianas Trench.
Join our Best of Saipan mailing list!
"hi Walt, I am very impressed. I never thought of early retiring there until seeing this website. I am interested in finding out more.-- Jim W (from the early-retirement.org forum about welovesaipan.com)
"I have read great things about you and your assistance. I have already found your book to be of great assistance. It is awesome! Thanks so much."-- B. Manuel re: Saipan Living
"Just finished your book and very much did enjoy it I am sure I will read again and again it has a lot of very good information and answered most of my questions."--Keith P. keep me in the loop please.
SHARE WITH FRIENDS